As a Kentucky lawyer with a practice in the Commonwealth, or a Louisville attorney whose practice covers Jefferson County, the valuable time spent on behalf of your clientele is your stock in trade. Your ability to practice law, plus the years of experience and dedication devoted to the legal profession, is the foundation for the lifestyle you live. Disability coverage protects you, your family, and your lifestyle.
Own Occupation disability protection is the foundation of that coverage.
NIA's proprietary Kentucky Bar Association insurance plans were developed in conjunction with the KBA and its members over 50 years ago in order to best serve the Commonwealth's compendium of attorneys. We are fully committed to offer "boutique benefits" at competitive group prices. In fact, as a KBA member you are entitled to special discounts with NIA on certain long-term care, all available in a package that accompanies you wherever you are, wherever you work and wherever you travel.
As an attorney you'll enjoy all that NIA has to offer through our term life and disability plans:
- Simple 1-page applications
- Tax returns are not required
- No membership requirement for policy renewal
- Group cost savings
- High level coverage amounts
- Supplements to employer paid plans
- Long-term client protection
- Helps fill gaps between employer-provided group & more costly individual plans
NIA’s top-rated attorney coverage programs include:
- Term Life
- Franchise DI
- Business overhead expense coverage
- KBA Long Term Care Plan
- 10% Member Discounts on new KBA/Guardian Non-Cancellable Disability Program
The Group Term Life, Franchise Disability and Business Overhead plans are underwritten by New York Life Insurance Company, 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010 of policy forms SIP and GMR.